Versailles Natural Oak Borderless Flooring Panel
Seasoned Oak, handcrafted into geometric pieces and hand laid meticulously into each Versailles Panel.
The panels are brushed removing any soft core from the surface leaving a exposed grain. 3 coats of a Natural UV oil are applied, to enhance the natural beauty of the floor. The panel is not stained.
Versailles panels are laid in a square or diamond formation. Leaving you with a gorgeous space making a feature of the wooden floor.
|Finish||Natural, Brushed & Oiled|
|Construction||Engineered Panel, Mirco-Bevelled Edges|
|Profile||Tongue & Groove|
|Warranty||20 years (Residential)|
|Underfloor Heating||Yes Suitable|
Engineered Wood Flooring
Engineered wood flooring consists of two or more layers of wood adhered together to form a plank. Typically, engineered wood uses a thin layer (lamella) of oak bonded to a core constructed from a ply base. The structure formed with each layer at a 90° angle to the layer above.
Installed on many subfloors. Engineered wood is the most common type of wood flooring in Europe. It has been growing in popularity in North America.
Tongue & Groove
One side and one end of the plank has a groove. The other side and end have a tongue (protruding wood along an edge’s centre). The tongue & groove fit snugly together, aligning the planks, whilst hiding the joint.
Tongue & Groove installation methods:
- Glue-down method (Engineered and Solid)
- Floating method with an underlay (Engineered only)
- Nail-down method (Engineered and Solid).
Types Of Floor Finishes
- Brushed & Oiled – Steel brushed in the direction of the grain. This opens the surface of the wood, removing splinters. Oil is applied to seal the oak.
- Oiled – Oiled floors are the most common floor finish. Oils for floor finishing are natural drying oils of vegetable origin. These oils are not petroleum based oils & contain no VOCs.
- Lacquered – Lacquered floors tend to be more durable and resilient to scratching. The lacquer provides a flat and smooth finish to the wood flooring.