Natural Lacquered Oak 190 x 6/20
Our Natural Oak Lacquered wood flooring is timeless in design and flawless in appearance. Featuring all the character of solid wood, and no compromise in quality or durability, this is engineered wood at its very best.
Our classic boards are made up individually with a mixture of boards graded from ABCD. The result is a beautiful wood floor that is rich in colour and texture, and which will go on performing its best for many years to come. Perfect for any room, especially light and airy living spaces and open plan areas.
Light coloured woods can also make rooms appear larger, so this option is perfect for box bedrooms and other small rooms.
This 190 board has a 20mm total thickness with 6mm layer of oak. The 20mm thick board has structural board which will give you a more stable floor once installed and feels more solid under foot. The boards are a better insulator giving you a more thermal warmth within the home.
These boards are all Under Floor Heating compatible and many clients feel the thicker boards are better, as they will take slightly more time to transfer the heat but will then go on to hold it for much longer than a thinner board.
|Fixed Lengths 1.9m
|Engineered Plank, Mirco-Bevelled Edges
|Tongue & Groove
|20 years (Residential)
Engineered Wood Flooring
Engineered wood flooring consists of two or more layers of wood adhered together to form a plank. Typically, engineered wood uses a thin layer (lamella) of oak bonded to a core constructed from a ply base. The structure formed with each layer at a 90° angle to the layer above.
Installed on many subfloors. Engineered wood is the most common type of wood flooring in Europe. It has been growing in popularity in North America.
Tongue & Groove
One side and one end of the plank has a groove. The other side and end have a tongue (protruding wood along an edge’s centre). The tongue & groove fit snugly together, aligning the planks, whilst hiding the joint.
Tongue & Groove installation methods:
- Glue-down method (Engineered and Solid)
- Floating method with an underlay (Engineered only)
- Nail-down method (Engineered and Solid).
Types Of Floor Finishes
- Brushed & Oiled – Steel brushed in the direction of the grain. This opens the surface of the wood, removing splinters. Oil is applied to seal the oak.
- Oiled – Oiled floors are the most common floor finish. Oils for floor finishing are natural drying oils of vegetable origin. These oils are not petroleum based oils & contain no VOCs.
- Lacquered – Lacquered floors tend to be more durable and resilient to scratching. The lacquer provides a flat and smooth finish to the wood flooring.
In line with industry standards, packs may contain one split starter plank to assist with the floor layout stagger.
*No Collection Option-Delivery Only