American Black Walnut 190
Our American Black Walnut Lacquered wood flooring is one of the most luxurious of all woods available today. Its sleek good looks and rich, dark colouring make it the perfect statement floor in any room.
The smooth lacquered finish offers maximum protection while also requiring little in the way of maintenance. This is a floor that will go on looking its best for years to come and which will transform any room it is installed in.
Engineered black walnut wood offers all the great qualities of natural wood including a beautiful wood grain and knots and whirls that are unique in every single piece.
|1.86m Fixed Lengths
|American Black Walnut
|Engineered Plank, Mirco-Bevelled Edges
|Tongue & Groove
|20 years (Residential)
Engineered Wood Flooring
Engineered wood flooring consists of two or more layers of wood adhered together to form a plank. Typically, engineered wood uses a thin layer (lamella) of oak bonded to a core constructed from a ply base. The structure formed with each layer at a 90° angle to the layer above.
Installed on many subfloors. Engineered wood is the most common type of wood flooring in Europe. It has been growing in popularity in North America.
Tongue & Groove
One side and one end of the plank has a groove. The other side and end have a tongue (protruding wood along an edge’s centre). The tongue & groove fit snugly together, aligning the planks, whilst hiding the joint.
Tongue & Groove installation methods:
- Glue-down method (Engineered and Solid)
- Floating method with an underlay (Engineered only)
- Nail-down method (Engineered and Solid).
Types Of Floor Finishes
- Brushed & Oiled – Steel brushed in the direction of the grain. This opens the surface of the wood, removing splinters. Oil is applied to seal the oak.
- Oiled – Oiled floors are the most common floor finish. Oils for floor finishing are natural drying oils of vegetable origin. These oils are not petroleum based oils & contain no VOCs.
- Lacquered – Lacquered floors tend to be more durable and resilient to scratching. The lacquer provides a flat and smooth finish to the wood flooring.
In line with industry standards, packs may contain one split starter plank to assist with the floor layout stagger.
*No Collection Option-Delivery Only